- Give the gift of education – it is hard to imagine that there is a greater gift than education for our young people. Your gift can help to shape a stronger, better educated community for the future.
- Start a young person on a learning adventure – Youth Programs strive to make learning fun and engaging. Many students struggle in school, but we want to show them that learning can be fun and adventurous.
- Support and recognize student achievement – by sponsoring a young person to attend Western’s program you are taking the time to recognize him/her, and sometimes just being noticed and honored can help a child flourish.
- Introduce more youth to the college campus – for many young people college seems like a far off dream or a scary unknown; by sponsoring someone to attend Western’s Youth Programs you are helping him/her to realize that college is well within his/her grasp. With your donation you have the power to inspire a first-generation college student.
- Help create and support diversity – we are a world made up of many people and at Youth Programs we like to see local, global and community connections.
Provide a valuable learning opportunity for a deserving student.
Make A Difference – Sponsor or Scholarship a Student
Western strongly believes that education is the key to building a more economically sound community for the future. Many of our local youth are unable to participate in Western's youth programs due to financial constraints and each year we receive a number of requests for financial assistance from deserving students. As a state agency, Western can only offer sponsorships or scholarships through private donations. Deserving students need your help!
The Western Foundation manages the WWU Youth Programs Scholarship fund. There is a scholarship application process and standards in place to assure funds are awarded fairly and appropriately. You can make a donation, which is tax deductable, in any amount.
Your generosity will help build the future of our community. Please consider making a secure, tax deductible, online donation today. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consider giving the gift of education to a deserving student.
Current Youth Programs Donor List [click here]
PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY