FAIR 162B: Film / Video Production with Final Cut Pro
Gain confidence in video and audio editing with Adobe Final Cut Pro. Students will:
- Gain a comprehensive university experience.
- Explore development of the story board, shot list and scripting the story.
- Learn the basics of shooting footage with a green screen, lighting kit setup, audio voice-over and B-roll and footage syncing.
- Practice these principals by producing and critiquing short films each day including a commercial, a silent film and short "My Life on Campus" film.
- Produce a music video for the final project.
- Explore educational, personal and career goals in a safe student-centered environment.
- Learn the equipment including digital cameras, tripods, external microphones, lighting, Mac hardware and Adobe software.
- Learn shooting composition and shot framing, such as angles, pans and tilts, leveling and zoom.
- Acquire tape engineering knowledge.
- Create and construct a script, shot list, story board and finished product.
Class is held Monday through Friday, various hours.
Enrollment is limited to a maximum of 16 students.
Instructor: Mark Miller, information technology manager and adjunct faculty, teaches film and video production for Western Washington University's Fairhaven College. Miller holds a B.A. in video production and a M.Ed. in adult education from Western Washington University.
PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY