Travel in Vietnam for 20 days during winter break!
Dec. 10, 2013-Jan. 2, 2014 (tentative)
Application deadline: May 13, 2013
History 359/337: America and Vietnam,
8 credits (5 credits GUR)
Open to Western students of all majors
Vietnam, a land of extraordinary beauty and tumultuous history, is undergoing an economic and social transformation that makes it one of the most fascinating places on the globe today.
Upon completion of History 359 in fall 2013, you will travel to Vietnam during winter break with Dr. Mart Stewart.
- Learn about current and historical relationships between Vietnam and the United States
- Study the complexities of the Vietnam War
- Immerse yourself in the local culture, including activities with Vietnamese students
- View the rural landscapes in the Mekong Delta and a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve mangrove forest
- Visit the rapidly modernizing Vietnamese urban centers Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon) and Hanoi
- Perform field work for an independent research project
This course is only open to Western Washington University students.
- Vietnam Home
- Program Details
- Cost & Registration
- 2010 Testimonial
- 2011 Testimonial
Learn more about this program:
Contact us to learn more.
Dr. Mart Stewart
Phone: (360) 650-3455