Chinese Language and Cultural Studies
CHIN 237 (15 credits) OR
CHIN 337 (15 credits)
WWU: June 25 - August 13, 2013
China: August 16 - September 14, 2013
Students must have at least one year of Chinese language in order to participate.
Immerse yourself in Chinese Language and Cultural Studies this summer.
Join Western faculty in an intensive study of Chinese language and culture in Beijing and Kunming, China. Improve your language skills and advance your cultural competence further than you could accomplish in regular classroom teaching.
- Improve Chinese language skills
- Gain a better understanding of Chinese society and culture
- Examine Chinese social issues such as marriage, education and employment
- Discover how Chinese people advance their lifestyles
- Find out how the Chinese physically experience economic changes
Pre-departure reading assignments will equip you to take a full advantage of the study abroad program and classroom activities in Beijing and Kunming.
- Intermediate Chinese language courses
- Spoken Chinese and cultural activity
- Elective cultural courses
- Chinese debate (politics, economy, culture)
- Chinese calligraphy
- Chinese song and dance
- Excursions to local sites
- China Home
- Program Details
- Cost & Registration
Learn more about this program:
Contact us to find out more.
Phone: (360) 650- 7968
Office: Miller Hall 218B