How to Apply
Please follow the following steps to apply for the Intensive English Program:
Applicants must have completed high school and be at least 18 years old. Students must have also had some English instruction before enrolling in IEP.
Step 1: Complete and mail the IEP application
- A completed Intensive English Program application
IEP Application: DOC file
IEP Application: PDF file
- A financial guarantee, quoted in US funds.
An official bank/financial statement, letter or certificate verifying the financial finds available.
You must verify that you have $6,194 for EACH quarter.
- An $100 application fee
Credit Card Authorization Form: DOC file
Credit Card Authorization Form: PDF file
- A copy of your passport or government issued identification card.
- Optional fees:
$200 - If IEP will pay your SEVIS fee
$150 - Sponsored student fee
- Mail all of your documents to our address:
Western Washington University
Intensive English Program
516 High Street
Bellingham, Washington 98225-9102
- Conditional admission: You must apply to Western’s undergraduate admissions office for conditional admission. IEP does not provide conditional admission; it is only through Western’s admissions office.
To find the conditional admission application, please visit this website: http://admissions.wwu.edu/print/InternationalApplication.pdf
Please send your Western Washington University conditional admission application to the IEP office. We will bring it to the admissions office.
- Health Insurance: All international students at Western are required to have emergency health and accident insurance.
Step 2: SEVIS fee and F-1 visa interview
After receiving your acceptance documents and I-20 form, contact the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to schedule an F-1 visa interview appointment.
Also, remember to pay the SEVIS fee. Instructions can be found here:
Step 3: Apply for IEP housing
You may apply for IEP housing after you have received your F-1 student visa. Please find our housing application here:
Housing application: DOC file
Housing application: PDF file
If you are a transfer student or will not apply for an F-1 student visa, please apply for housing now.
For more information about housing options, please visit the housing page.
Step 4: Confirm your arrival
To secure your place in the Intensive English Program please confirm your arrival by completing the confirmation of arrival form:
Confirmation of arrival form: DOC file
Confirmation of arrival form: PDF file